Latest News & Prayer
Recruiting new SOMA National Director1 year ago
SOMA UK is looking to appoint a new National Director to take over from Stephen Dinsmore when he retires next July. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 30 September, with interviews for shortlisted candidates on 22 October in London. Is this something that God may be calling you to explore or to draw to the attention of someone you know?
SOMA UK NATIONAL DIRECTOR
SOMA UK works for the transformation and healing of individuals, churches, communities and their lands through the renewing power of the Holy Spirit, through relationship, intercession and multicultural, cross-cultural teams.
On our 40th anniversary, in 2019, Archbishop Justin Welby said: “SOMA … You are essential to the global Anglican Communion. You are part of the glue that says we belong to each other because we belong to Jesus. You have done the most remarkable things. I celebrate what God has done through you”.
Owing to the planned retirement of the current National Director, in the summer of 2021, we are able to offer an exciting and rare opportunity to lead and develop this versatile, worldwide, mission agency that equips leaders across the Anglican Communion by facilitating encounter with the Holy Spirit to empower them for their own mission and ministry.
The Trustees seek to appoint a National Director who:
- is an experienced advocate, teacher and practitioner of the renewing power of the Holy Spirit in the ministry and mission of the Church, and is committed to that renewing power in their own life
- possesses excellent relational and social skills, is self-aware, self-regulating, self-motivated and empathetic
- thinks and acts strategically
- will envision and lead staff, trustees, intercessors, teams, supporters, together with UK and overseas partners
- will envision a new generation to be involved in SOMA
- Is an Anglican priest licensed or holding P.T.O. in the Province of Canterbury or York
For further information and an application pack please contact the Revd Canon Patrick Whitworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about SOMA UK please take a look at our website
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2020. Interviews: 22 October 2020 in London. Appointment: Summer 2021.
Read Stephen Dinsmorer's article in the latest ReSource Newsletter HERE
ReSource for Anglican Renewal Ministries
Enabling little, local and ordinary churches to engage with the Holy Spirit for renewal, discipleship and mission.