ReSource's vision is to see churches in the UK Alive in the Spirit and Active in Mission.
This is the enticing picture that God has given us of the future, and which is the longing of our hearts. It is what we ‘see’ as we lift our eyes to God’s good future. And it is a future that we want to help bring about in the power of the Spirit.
We are passionate about a future in which churches of all sizes, shapes and traditions are Alive in the Spirit and Active in Mission.
- churches welcoming the person and presence of God the Holy Spirit
- churches finding the fresh life that the Spirit brings
- churches moving into deeper engagement with God and neighbour
- churches turned outwards in loving engagement and active witness
- churches that are blessed in order to be a blessing
ReSource’s distinctive contribution towards reaching the vision of a renewed and missional church is to help churches and church leaders to keep the person and work of God the Holy Spirit at the forefront of their discipleship and their mission, and to provide opportunities for teaching about him and encounter with him.
ReSource also has a particular heart for smaller and mid-size churches in the mainstream of the Anglican church and other denominations. Though these are the majority of churches in the UK, they can often feel under-valued and under-resourced.
We believe that they are key to the renewal of Christian life and witness in the country. For that reason we are committed to serving them first and foremost, whatever tradition, spirituality or denominational strand they belong to. Our calling, our mission is to enable little, local and ordinary churches to engage with the Holy Spirit for renewal, discipleship and mission. And that is what we do!
ReSource has five priority commitments as it seeks to be faithful to its calling. These are:
- engaging with local churches and their people, generally by coming to them, working alongside, building relationships and respecting the context in which we minister
- supporting lay and ordained church leaders of little, local and ordinary churches who want their churches to engage with the Holy Spirit for renewal, discipleship and mission
- developing a stock of resources designed for little, local and ordinary churches, easily accessed in an online hub, written and visual, non-copyrighted, and adaptable to the local context
- releasing intercessors who will undergird our work, and pray for little, local and ordinary churches and their leaders across the UK
- working in partnership with other charities and organisations which share our vision and can complement our ministry with their own distinctive callings